Spark still crashing with MAC OS X when making calls

Hello All,

We’re running the latest Openfire/Spark versions in a mostly Windows environment. The server runs on W2K3 and the clients are mostly XP Pro SP3. We also have a couple MACs and 1 Vista Business machines. We have a FreeBSD box running asterisk 1.4 to support voice chat. Everything works well, specially the text chat. No problems there whatsoever in any of the clients. We are experiencing an issue with MAC OS X and Vista when making calls. With MAC OS X, spark crashes as soon as the call is answered, no matter if the call originates at the MAC box or at another client. With Vista, the problem is that you can only make one call to/from the Vista machine and then it won’t connect again until you restart Spark.

I see mention of these two issues on posts from 2008. Was a solution ever found for these?

Thanks in advance for any help on these issues.

Can you try with the latest version (both windows and macos)? You can download the installers from here http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1822

Thanks for the reply wroot.

I tried the macos version in a machine with OS version 10.4.11, and the app would not start. Icon will give you a couple bounces, then nothing. I don’t see it in the Activity Monitor either.

I downloaded the PC file into the Vista machine, but run out of night. I’ll report back on how that works.

Manuel Beltrandelrio wrote:

I tried the macos version in a machine with OS version 10.4.11, and the app would not start.

This must be because we don’t have a tester or developer for Mac OS. Installer was just automatically built and not tested. Can’t help much with that.