Spark to iChat File Transfer Failure

This issue has been mentioned tangentially in other threads before, but not directly.

When trying to send a file from Spark to iChat, the transfer stalls and does not complete. After accepting the initial file transfer request on iChat’s end, the file indefinitely sits in the Transfers window “calculating…” the time and never starts. I’m not sure how else to describe it—please let me know if I can gather more information to post.

Sending files from iChat to Spark, however, does work fine.

XMPP server is Openfire 3.6.3. Tried with Spark 2.5.8 as well as 2.6.0 beta 2. iChat is version 4.0.7 (616) on Mac OS X 10.5.6.

Any solutions or developer activity on this?

hi all,

I have the same issue. The problem is iChat (on Mac 10.6.3) cannot accept file sent from Spark (running on whatever platform). iChat works fine with PSI (running on whatever platform) over file transfer however. Openfire is latest v3.6.4.

I have a number of Mac users being hit with this. The last message is a year ago and I really fear that this issue is being left over. I am willing to help and please tell me what info I can pull from the shiny Mac.

BTW, I try moving people to Spark on Mac. But that has another issue too: it stays logged on and cannot be kicked out when a resource conflict (same jabber ID and resource name) occurs, even with Openfire option set to “always kick”.

Fingers crossed.

John

The problem is that we don’t have Mac developer here (not many developers at all).