Spark Transcript Location

I was wondering if it was possible to change the location of the Spark folder that is created in the …\Documents and Settings\User\Spark

The reason I need to do this is because we are running Active Directory with mandatory profiles so when the user logs off nothing is saved. The problem with this is that we want to be able to save the chat transcript logs, but since they are stored in C:\Documents and Settings… they won’t save when the user logs off. We have a networked mapped drive that we want to save the user information to. Is there a way to change the default location for this stuff?

Hrm. I don’t know if it’s possible to override the user.home property, but you might be able to try that. Beyond that, I created SPARK-899 to investigate it.

Daniel, there is already a JIRA issue for that SPARK-743. I mean transcript location is only a part of bigger problem. Because User dir is not normal place for program settings in Windows location. It should be in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Spark

I was worried I would find out that. Hopefully there will be a simple resolution to the problem sometime. Thanks for the info guys.