Spark Using Incorrect Locale?

We use Spark at our business and there is one machine that Spark refuses to run in English on. It defaults to some eastern European language (sorry I can’t be more specific, but it’s a language I don’t speak). I think Spark is meant to pull the language settings from the default locale settings of JVM, but JVM is pulling from Windows, isn’t it? Which means Spark should be running in whatever language Windows is, correct?

I found a link on this site for changing Spark’s locale, but I couldn’t get it to work for me (it is a fairly old link). Then again, I’m not sure what I’m doing when it comes to editing configuration files. Here is the link: http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1152

Is there any reason Spark would be pulling the wrong locale? Is it a problem with Spark or a problem with JVM?

I should note that it worked fine just a few days ago. And it still loads in English if we log in with another user. It’s only on this computer, with this specific user that we are having the problem.

Maybe the user has changed the language option. You can set it to English again. Actions > Languages menu.