Spark with ldap

ok i dont see the option to integrate spark with ldap durring the install… so how do i get spark to recognize that its a on a domain? and use windows authentication? the server is up and running with ldap just fine. but the client wants to use a login and password.

Message was edited by: aperseghin

Spark doesn’'t handle authentication. It just collects a username and password which it sends to the server, where the actual authentication happens. So setting up LDAP on the server is sufficient.

According to this post they’‘re working on auto-login using your windows credentials, but haven’'t completed it yet.

Just to be clear, auto-login is a completely separate issue from LDAP, and could work just as well with manually configured accounts once it’'s implemented.

Hi,

the current SVN version (which should be released as 2.5.3 in three weeks) should already contain SSO code. If you want to compile it by yourself you could give it a try right now.

LG

it2000 wrote:

the current SVN version (which should be released as 2.5.3 in three weeks) should already contain SSO code

Eagerly awaits the 2.5.3 beta

aperseghin, here is an extract from my wildfire.xml configuration file, you can use this as a base. It connects to ldapserver1, ldapserver2 for authentication (put your DCs in there). It only allows users from the IMAccess group to connect and only enabled users as well.

<ldap>
<host>ldapserver1,ldapserver2</host>
<port>389</port>
<baseDN>OU=Users,DC=mycompany,DC=com</baseDN>
<adminDN>CN=sys_Wildfire,OU=System,DC=mycompany,DC=com</adminDN>
<adminPassword>blah</adminPassword>
<debugEnabled>false</debugEnabled>
<usernameField>sAMAccountName</usernameField>
<nameField>displayName</nameField>
<emailField>mail</emailField>
<groupNameField>cn</groupNameField>
<groupMemberField>member</groupMemberField>
<groupDescriptionField>description</groupDescriptionField>
<posixMode>false</posixMode>
<clientSideSorting>true</clientSideSorting>
<searchFilter> <![CDATA[
(&
(objectClass=user)
(memberOf=CN=IMAccess,OU=Groups,DC=mycompany,DC=com)
(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))
)
]]></searchFilter>
<groupSearchFilter> <![CDATA[
(&
(objectClass=group)
(memberOf=CN=IMAccess,OU=Groups,DC=mycompany,DC=com)
)
]]></groupSearchFilter>
</ldap>