Spark with SSO on Vista and Windows 7

Hi Guys,

I’m still playing around trying to get Spark working on Vista and Window 7…

Using Spark 2.6.0 Beta 2 and Openfire 3.6.4

I’ve managed to deploy it via GPO(kind of) to all our users.

I created a GPO that :

• creates HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters\AllowTgtSessionKe y 1

• creates HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\spark spark.exe

• Adds firewall exception Spark.exe:*:enabled:Spark

• Logon script that copies config to \user\spark

• Startup script that copies pre-installed spark to c:\spark\

This works for most users, they logon to spark correctly using SSO and life is good.

It doesn’t work for any user who is a local administrator however. A local admin, just gets a message “Unable to connect using Single Sign-On. Please check your principal and server settings”. If the local admin right-clicks and runs as administrator, then spark logs in correctly using SSO and life is good.

Also, when a local admin is inactive and has their status set to away, spark doesn’t set their status back to online when they come back - they end up being away forever.

How can I get spark to start for a local admin without having to right-click and run as administrator?

There seems to be a few issues with Spark and Windows 7 …

the system tray icon stops responding to left and right mouse clicks - so once you close the main spark window - you can’t open it again, so there is no way to send a message.

When receiving a new message, a spark icon appears in the taskbar (no flashing), the message is blank though. following messages do show up, untill you close the message window, then you get a blank message again.

Cant help you much about SSO (not using, dont know much). maybe this DOC can be of help, though you already have it running http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1616

About other problems, i suggest to try the latest SVN version and check if you still have same issues http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1822