Spark wont login in to server

All i get is invalid user or password. user and password are correct. I would greatly appreciate and help!!!

1 Like

What do you put into a Server field? If you put a name, is this name resolvable (known) on you network? If it is not in DNS or you local computer’s hosts file, then you should use server’s IP instead. Best way in this situation is to go to Advanced on the Login screen and put the IP into a host field there and still use the server’s name on the login screen.

I am having the same issue with Spark since upgrading to Openfire 3.10.0. Spark will not connect and just times out after about 1 minute claiming invalid username or password. Pidgin connects still just fine.

The only clue I find is in the info.log for openfire where I see

2015.04.23 11:37:54 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler - ConnectionHandler reports IOException for session: (0x00000011: nio socket, server, /75.181.92.216:50627 => /155.52.242.20:5222)
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed.

I don’t know what is affecting your setup, but maybe you should hide the IP of your server in your post.

Error is related to SSL, so it is related to certificates maybe. I’m using self-signed once and Spark is working ok on 3.10.0.

Hello,

I have an Elastix server, with Openfire, today I had 3.9.3 version running perfectly fine, but then I upgraded to 3.10 and any spark client connect and I’m having the same problem:

the log says --> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed.

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSLv2Hello is disabled

This started just as soon as I upgraded.

So I fixed this problem by checking in spark’s advanced settings the option:

use old ssl port method

This is bad solution as old ssl is not secure.

What are your settings at Admin Console > Server > Server Settings > Security Settings? Client Connection part.

Mine is Custom: Old SSL - Not available; TLS - Required.

Mine is default, because I don’t really know what choose there, but I use spark just locally inside office, so technically there shouldn’t be external threads, but I’ll try that setup you just mentioned.

I found another way to connect:

Admin Console > Server > Server Settings > Security Settings > Client Connection Security

Custom:

Old SSL method: Available

TLS method: Not Available

1 Like

Choosing Old SSL method made it work for me too. When I turned it back off and then on the server set the custom security option so Old SSL method was not avaliable and left TLS required, Spark went back to failing to connect.

I can still connect on pidgin.

What is Spark supposed to do when it sees a self-signed cert? I don’t even remember it complaining about it before when openfire 3.9.x was installed.

This is correct, if I don’t use old ssl spark does not work at all, I have to make it available or change client to pidgin, and I don;t really want to do that.

what version of spark and java, and what version is it using?

java 1.7.0_76

spark 2.6.3

oh and by the way, RSS won’t work either at the Ignite Realtime News,

I’m a Chinese,sorry for my terrible English.I have the same problem.Openfire 3.9.3 is running well.I did not update from 3.9.3 version.I build a new one with Debian 7.8 and JAVA1.7.First I thought the error is caused by IPv6,because I find the server ip is 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 in the server page,then I close IPv6 but its no used.Then I thought maybe is the hosts file, but its exactly the same with my old server.

RSS not working is a known problem (after switching to https on the site) https://igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/OF-798

And now i think, could it be related

you can try first disabling RSS, by adding a system property rss.enabled with a value false

then restart Openfire and see if it helps, though i doubt

I think the most probable thing causing login failure with SSL/TLS is the built-in Java update in Openfire 3.10.0 (bumped to 1.7.0_79). You can try a few things. Updating Spark to the latest 2.7.0 build http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/SPARK-INSTALL4J/shared/build-669/Insta ll4j/spark_2_7_0_669.exe

Or you can try copying old jre folder form Openfire 3.9.3 (or Spark 2.6.3) into Openfire 3.10.0 installation folder (first delete current jre folder in there).

Thanks Marcelo, that worked for my office. Was worried I was going to have to downgrade.

Honestly I’ll wait for the next update hoping that it’ll work normally as it has have been in the past, meanwhile I’ll leave it like this.

Follow Marcelo Post.

按照马塞洛后。
管理控制台>服务器>服务器设置>安全设置>客户端连接安全

自定义:

旧的SSL方法:可用

TLS方法:无

I was having the exact same issue. Updating Spark to 2.7 fixed the issue. THANKS!