Sparkweb working with FasthPath?

Does anyone know if or when the SparkWeb client might have FastPath capabilities?

Currently there’s no plan to implement FastPath for sparkweb as it would require a rewrite of the FastPath plugin or the sparkweb client. The client is written in flash while the plugin is written in Java. SparkWeb currently has no framework for plugins and I’m not sure if it will any time soon.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

sean.moran wrote:

Currently there’s no plan to implement FastPath for sparkweb as it would require a rewrite of the FastPath plugin or the sparkweb client. The client is written in flash while the plugin is written in Java. SparkWeb currently has no framework for plugins and I’m not sure if it will any time soon.

With the recent announcement that Openfire Enterprise is becoming Open Source, and comments from developers that Jive will be trying to replace SparkJava with SparkWeb and SparkAIR, I think it would be be very beneficial for Jive to invest resources into supporting Fastpath in SparkWeb and/or SparkAIR and/or integrating Fastpath into Clearspace.

Attached are a couple screen shots of our Clearspace communities, in which you can see our Fastpath Webchat button in the bottom-right corner.

I have to agree with that. Fastpath is a pretty good click to chat client, with some advertising it’d probably be the defacto standard, even more so since it’s now free.

1 Like