SQL 2000/2005 Install

Reaching out to anyone that has successfully installed openfire(newest version from Jan 09) on either SQL 2000 or 2005. I have had no luck so far getting this in the error log over and over

2009.02.06 21:19:14 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:92)
] Prototype
java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user ‘s-jabber’.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2816)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2254)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:602)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.(ConnectionJDBC2.java:344)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:182)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.sweep(Prototyper.java:102)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.PrototyperThread.run(PrototyperThread.java:44)

I have made sure this s-jabber account has openfire as the default DB, after I ran the SQL script that comes with Openfire, and granted dBO permissions to it. Does anybody know if the account used has restrictions on the password used? Our company has complex rules in place so I must have upper,lower, numerical and symbols and must be 8 characters or more.

Any help is very much appreciated.

bump…

We use complex passwords as well. There should be no issue there. In AD complex means using at least 3 of the following criteria: Capital letters, Lowercase letters, Numbers, Symbols. Since you are using this you could make the password Abcd1234 and it would work by your defined limitations. I suspect you do not have the database configured correctly though not an account issue.