SQL server 2000

I am trying to install the oct 28 beta. The install was a breeze thanks to the instructions but there are problems.

First of all if you run the schema it complains about row lengths being too long. I figure this is not a problem right now but it could be in the future if somebody gets a large message.

Secondly (and this is more important) I can’'t create a user. I get the following error message

“Created an account but could not load it. username: tim pass: pwd email:”

It seems to be connecting to the database OK and has created the admin account in the table but it can’'t creae another account.

What database are you using?

Regards,

Matt

Judging by the thread name I’‘d have to guess SQL Server 2000 (), but I’‘ve noticed a similar problem with the Oracle script with regards to some of the table fields being set to 4000 characters. Looking through the various scripts it doesn’'t appear that the fields sizes are real consistent.

Heh, doh! I totally skipped the message subject and only read the body. Do you guys know which specific columns are causing problems?

Thanks,

Matt

I am using 2000.

I can’'t create users. If I revert back to the built in database then I can create a user but not in SQL server 2000. I am going to try postgres next

Heh, doh! I totally skipped the message subject and

only read the body.

No problem, it’'s the sort of thing I do all the time.

Do you guys know which specific columns are causing

problems?

When running the messenger_oracle.sql script against Oracle 8.1.5.0.0 I get the following errors:

CREATE TABLE mucAffiliation (
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01450: maximum key length (3218) exceeded CREATE TABLE mucMember (
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01450: maximum key length (3218) exceeded

Creating users works fine in postgres and the built in database. I am next going to test ldap and postgres. See what happens next.

On LDAP – you’‘ll probably need to use the latest daily build. I just made some fixes to LDAP last night. I’'m also doing a bunch of LDAP work today which will make LDAP integration a lot more elegant.

Thanks,

Matt

I am going to try tommorow. I’'ll get the latest nightly build.

I think that the db schemas are fixed now – let me know if anyone runs into problems. LDAP is likely broken at the moment (due to a large refactoring), but it should be working by midday tomorrow.

Regards,

-Matt

I have the same problem with SQL Server 2000,I can not create new user. Exodus say connectted but can not verify

but user admin can log on

thanks

Warning: The table ‘‘jiveUserProp’’ has been created but its maximum row size (8091) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.

Warning: The table ‘‘jiveUserProp’’ has been created but its maximum row size (8091) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.

Warning: The table ‘‘jiveVCard’’ has been created but its maximum row size (8091) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.

Warning: The table ‘‘mucConversationLog’’ has been created but its maximum row size (10516) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index ‘‘mucAffiliation__pk’’ has maximum length of 2052 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

Warning! The maximum key length is 900 bytes. The index ‘‘mucMember__pk’’ has maximum length of 2052 bytes. For some combination of large values, the insert/update operation will fail.

Warning: The table ‘‘jiveVCard’’ has been created but its maximum row size (8091) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.

Warning: The table ‘‘mucConversationLog’’ has been created but its maximum row size (10516) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060). INSERT or UPDATE of a row in this table will fail if the resulting row length exceeds 8060 bytes.

Hey all,

We’'ve done many changes to the db scripts and user creation is back again running without problems. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Regards,

– Gato

The errors I posted were from last night’'s build (11/11)

I get the same error messages (ie. maximum row size (8091) exceeds the maximum number of bytes per row (8060)).

It seems that the line:

• propValue NVARCHAR(3900) NOT NULL*

and others like it are too big for SQL Server 2000 without some modification or tweaking.

Seren

Thanks for the bug report. I checked in a fix for this problem that will be available with the next nightly build. You could try using the latest nightly build which also includes many bug fixes.

Regards,

– Gato