Starting manager... Any ideas what Ineed to fix to make it work?

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: while resolving class: org.jivesoftware.multiplexer.starter.ServerStarter

at java.lang.VMClassLoader.transformException(java.lang.Class, java.lang.Throwable) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

at java.lang.VMClassLoader.resolveClass(java.lang.Class) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

at java.lang.Class.initializeClass() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

at gnu.java.lang.MainThread.run() (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.StringBuilder not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/opt/connection_manager/lib/startu p.jar,file:./], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

at java.lang.Class.forName(java.lang.String, boolean, java.lang.ClassLoader) (/usr/lib/libgcj.so.6.0.0)

…4 more

I have exported JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre… so it should see java… not sure what else Ineed to do. have configured the .xml as well…

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

are you using Sun’'s JRE 1.5.x? Or something like a gentoo “selfmade” JRE?

LG

Hey Jeff,

StringBuilder is a new class that was introducred in Java 1.5. Make sure that you are using Java 1.5 or later.

Regards,

– Gato

Hey guys been busy couldn’'t get back right away. I am using the SUN JRE installed to /usr/java/jdk~…

Not sure what is up with that. I was loading on Fed 4 Core, switching this box to Fed 5 now … WIll ensure I load JRE 1.5 again, and try it afterwards. will keep you informed.

Jeff

Ok, thanks for the help on the Java. wasn;t paying attention to where it was looking. So I have it set on a Fed 5 box, jre 1.5 an it looks to be running. I need to see if there are some docs available somewhere that tells me a bit about the .xml file so I can configure for a running tiral. I have the server address and such configured, but need some furture information about the connects out and inbound to server and from clients. ANy idea where I can find it? Also about certs. I am still using the generic cert that came with WiFi. I notice that looks to be getting passed along to the client, but I will be puttin full verified certs on in Dec. I need to know that info for the .xml so I can set it up when it is time.

Jeff