Status update

Hey all,

We’'re doing some pretty massive work on the codebase in preperation for the final 2.0.0 release. This work includes:

• New admin tool framework that allows the admin tool to be dynamically modified by plugins. The UI is now improved too.

• Simple internal component support.

• Simplified database schema, including removal of userID (only username is used now).

• Many fixes and improvements to the LDAP code.

It’‘s quite a bit of work to get through, but we felt that it’'s all important stuff to have in before a non-beta release. The code in CVS may be a bit unstable for the next day, but then will be going through some extensive testing.

-Matt

Thanks for the update. I know you guys must get sick of this sort of question, but when do you expect the final version of v2 to be ready? I have to migrate from out current IM solution to Messenger by December 3rd (at the latest) so I’'m anxious to get my hands on v2 as soon as possible.*

Thanks,

Ryan

*Unfortunately, I’‘m stuck behind a firewall that blocks port 2401, so I can’‘t access the CVS repository directly. I’'m working getting that port opened so I can start url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=13402&messageID=9222 9#92229contributing to the project[/url].

Ryan,

We really, really want to get it out by the end of this week. However, it’'s possible it could slip until early next week too. I think you should be totally ok for the Dec 3 deadline, though.

-Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks again for the info. Even if it is next week for the final version of v2 that would great.

~Ryan