Store authorizedUsernames in the database?

Is it possible to store the authorizedUsernames setting in the database? It seems to get overwritten everytime I upgrade using the Wildfire RPMs.

That would present a chicken/egg problem. How do you configure database connections then? Perhaps a solution is to have a “bootstrap” list in the xml, then maintain an “extended” list in the database (or LDAP, or whereever) that allows admin logins assuming the database is working ok.

Perhaps a

solution is to have a “bootstrap” list in the xml,

then maintain an “extended” list in the database (or

LDAP, or whereever) that allows admin logins assuming

the database is working ok.

That sounds about what I was thinking, essentially “admin” username would always get access (as is default), and then scan the database for a “consoleAccess” flag in the user table. If it’‘s not already built in, then it’'s not really a big deal.

Perhaps the best way to fix my little problem, is to not overwrite the config file in the RPM

That answers my question though: It’'s not currently possible, or at least not implemented. Thanks!

Message was edited by: ianneub

Perhaps the best way to fix my little problem, is to

not overwrite the config file in the RPM

JiveSoftware is allways having problems with linux installs. Windows version is not overwriting config though. So, before upgrading backup your config and after upgrade overwrite it. That’‘s a temporary workaround that i presume you’'re already using