powered by Jive Software

Strange DNS error in Wildfire log

Hello all,

I have just installed Wildfire on my server. The server is available from the internet, and has a host name (example1). To access the server from the internet the URL is “exmaple1.my_domain.com”.

For some reason I keep getting this error in the server log :

2006.06.08 15:18:16 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:259)

] Error trying to connect to remote server: my_domain.com(DNS lookup: my_domain.com:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: my_domain.com

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(Ou tgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outgo ingServerSession.java:183)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:126)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas why ? And does it harm the performance of the server ?

Hi,

“_” is not allowed within domain names so I wonder which DNS provider did set up such a DNS record. Only a-z 0-9 and - are allowed.

LG

No - this is only an example. My domain name is different.

I only gave it here to explain the problem…

Hi,

maybe setting the connection host and server to different names could help: Spark has the option to specify a server (“example1”) and an Advanced option where one can specify the Connection Host “example1.my-domain.com”.

If it does not help then you should set your xmpp.domain to be example1.my-domain.com. Otherwise Wildfire “knows” that “example1” is not the same server as “example1.my-domain.com” and tries to create a s2s connection to “example1.my-domain.com”.

LG

Thank you !

I will try changing the domain name and check the logs.