Stream management without resumption resends messages on reconnect

Hello,

I see that as part of stream management you now send all unacknowledged messages on reconnect. This complicates my code, since I have to resend unacknowledged messages in case of app restart/crash anyway so I already implemented resend-on-reconnection.

Can you make this feature configurable?

This complicates my code, since I have to resend unacknowledged messages in case of app restart/crash anyway so I already implemented resend-on-reconnection.
If the app crashed or is restarted, then messages will be lost too, which means the unacknowledged message queue is empty and nothing will be resend.

Right, when the app crashes or restarted, then messages will be lost, but when the app performing reconnect those unacknowledged messages will be sent.

This behavior causes different handling between a reconnect and the first connection in my use case.

Why does it cause different behavior depending if the connection is first connected or is reconnected? Why does it matter if the stanza acknowledged listener is invoked on a stanza (Packet) that got acked before the reconnect, or after it was resend and then acknowledged?