Suddenly can no longer login to admin console?

We recently setup our OpenFire 3.6.4 server on Debian 5 and it has been working great. We’re using MySQL as the back-end and use the admin console on port 9090 to manage the server. Today one of my coworkers went in to add another user and discovered that our administrative login (admin) no longer worked. Puzzled, I tried it myself and sure enough – it no longer worked.

I tried to change the password in the DB using the ‘NULL’,‘NULL’ method found in one post as well as using the plainPassword method stated in another post. Neither one of these worked.

Next I tried changing the setup value to True and False, restarting the server and running through the setup again and that didn’t work either. In fact, I ran through this twice.

At this point I’m at a loss as to what has happened. I turned on the profiler in MySQL and noticed that no queries were hitting the database when attempting to login so it seems like the issue resides in the login page itself.

Has anyone else experienced this? I should also note that the server overall is functioning fine and users are not affected with their daily chat operations.

Thanks!

Kelly

xcesmess wrote:

it no longer worked.

Next I tried changing the setup value to True and False, restarting the server and running through the setup again and that didn’t work either.
Can you describe how it didnt worked. Did it show some login error or it didnt show login page at all?

Check your openfire.xml. I’ve had one screwed up before and I couldn’t login: Check

<adminConsole>
  <!--  Disable either port by setting the value to -1  -->   <port>9090</port>   <securePort>9091</securePort> </adminConsole>

and

<setup>true</setup>

Might seem dumb, but I’ve had the XML’s get messed up while I was configuring / updating the server. It’s a simple place to start.