Suggestion - Groups

Not sure if this is on the todo list yet…

There is no option to re-order the groups in the admin console. This could be a very useful option to have, as it would allow people to group different groups together.

Thanks

lcameron,

Is this just for display in the admin console? Or, would you want the order to affect ordering in Spark as well?

Regards,

Matt

Matt,

This would be more help full to have it organized on the client, but I wouldn’'t mind seeing it organized on the admin console as well.

Thanks

Thanks, that makes sense. The tricky thing might be to mix personal groups with shared groups. Maybe shared groups always go below user-defined groups?

Regards,

Matt

Matt,

Placing shared groups below user-defined groups makes sense to me. Maybe add an option in the admin console to select user groups above or below shared groups.

Keep up the good work guys!!

Bump.

Any chance of getting this developed?

I remember once i have demanded some option to reorder groups in client’‘s roster (not just alphabetical). But i was pointed that’‘s up to client to decide. Now you are going to implement it in JM+Spark? So this is going to be another non-XMPP feature. Of course Spark is good and if someone need that feature this is his fault that he’'s limiting himself with one client.

It’'s just. More a philosophic question. These options are optional but still drives JM from XMPP standards in some way. What do you think?