[Suggestion] Improve tab flexibility

OK so here are my suggestions about tab flexibility:

The whole tabbing mechanism should be more configurable… here are a bunch of options I’'d imagine would be much appreciated by users:

Enable tabbing

• yes/no

(choosing no would open every chat in it’'s own window)

Anchor tabs

• at the top of the chat window

• at the bottom of the chat window

• (eventually options for left and right side of the chat window, but let’'s not exaggerate for now )

Auto-Group tabs in windows (This one would open chats in multiple windows, but automatically group chats according to the following selectable properties)

• Do not autogroup (All chats go in the same window or in seperate windows according to the state of the “Enable tabbing” setting).

• Group by transport (You’'d have one chat window for jabber contacts, one for msn contacts, one for icq contacts etc.)

• Group by roaster contact group (All contacts of a specific contact group in the roaster go in the same chat window)

(Don’'t have further ideas for autogrouping chats right now )

Group MUC’'s and Conferences in a dedicated window

• yes/no

(Would prevent groupchats/MUC’'s/Conferences from being put together with normal one-on-one chats).

Display tab bar even if there is only one tab in a window

• yes/no

(Selecting no would hide the tab bar if there is only one tab in the chat window. As soon as a second chat comes into the same window, the tab bar appears.)

… in general, it would be a very nice feature if one could drag and drop a tab into another window (to add it to the tabs in that window), or drop it outside any window to create a new one containing only the dropped chat… (I know this is probably not as easy to implement, though )

That would be all for now… I hope there’'s some useful and doable stuff in there

Greetings,

miguy2k

Message was edited by: miguy2k