Switching users when auto-login selected

Hi,

This was going to be a question but I’'ve found the answer…

There appears to be no way to adjust the connection details (username in particular) if “automatically log in” has been selected. If you’‘re logged in automatically as Joe, there’'s no way to switch to Fred.

After searching in vain for the settings file in ~/Libraries, I finally found it in ~/Spark/settings.xml.

I’‘d raise a feature request but the issue tracker isn’'t allowing new issues from the public.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

this can be considered a problem, but how often does a normal user switches the jabber user?

If you want to do this often you better create some shortcuts and supply the username and the password there within the link like

“C:\Program Files\Spark\Spark.exe” username=jeff&password=mypass&server=myserver.com

and make sure that only you can read the link.

LG

this can be considered a problem, but how often does a normal user switches the jabber user?

Normal users are notoriously hard to find.

My scenario:

• I’'m originally subscribed as ‘‘jefft’’. It occurs to me this is a dumb name for a customer-facing account

• I register ‘‘Jeff’’, and while I’'m at it, auto-login

• I notice my new ‘‘Jeff’’ account isn’'t subscribed to all the workgroups. Oh well, back to ‘‘jefft’’

• Oops, I can’'t change it

It’‘s trivial to fix this by editing the XML config file, but not trivial to find the config file, since it’'s in a nonstandard place (and I have a lot of junk in my home directory).

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

If you use the Log out feature within Spark, it will turn off auto-login for the next startup. This is the intended behavior.

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Jeff,

you could also launch two instances of Spark, so there would be no need to switch any more.

LG