Test Bench for Jive Messenger

Hi,

I was wondering if Jive Messenger have been tested with a test bench yet, and, if it is the case, where can I find the results of these tests.

I am especially interested in the number of messages (from a final user point of view) that could be treated by an XMPP server (interfaced with fast or gigabit ethernet on a local network) per seconds. As a matter of facts, if you installed an XMPP network and if you have some administration tools that could give you some information about the XMPP traffic, could you give me the datas you get, specifying your server and network settings.

Thanks for your help,

Seb

PS: of course, if you have same datas concerning other XMPP servers, it interests me to

Nobody has some datas about that? or perhaps someone can tell me the max number of connected users a JM server may support, considering its hardware caracterstics…

Such information could make me save a lot of time.

someone has done some performace testing see:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=40&threadID=14189&message ID=95914&#95914

The nighly builds have already some good improvments over the stable build 2.1.2, that have been done after the thread above.

You should have a medium server to run jivemessenger but with 1GB of RAM al least. We ran messenger with 3500 useraccouts, 200 shared groups and hundreds of groupchats. Normally around 100 people are connected to the server and the server uses up to 800MB of Memory. After reducing the stack sice in Linux from default of 512Kb to 256Kb we need a lot less momory. To reduce the stack sice start java with the following option -Xss256k. It looks like that it works, may be it could even be smaller, but I dont know wheres the minimum.

guido

Guido

//==================================

You should have a medium server to run jivemessenger but with 1GB of RAM al least. We ran messenger with 3500 useraccouts, 200 shared groups and hundreds of groupchats. Normally around 100 people are connected to the server and the server uses up to 800MB of Memory. After reducing the stack sice in Linux from default of 512Kb to 256Kb we need a lot less momory. To reduce the stack sice start java with the following option -Xss256k. It looks like that it works, may be it could even be smaller, but I dont know wheres the minimum.

//===============================================

Jive Messenger Efficiency is not good!!

Message was edited by:

zhuam

Zhuam >> What do you mean?