Test Ports

Hello all

i install a openfire in server with centos, but when try access of remote dont let me connect with a client, i dont know if a proxi is blocked the connection, need know how i can test if ports have exit to internet o if exist some client or something for test ports?

thx

If you cant connect with a client, then it means that ports are not accessible. Or maybe you are doing something wrong in a login process. There is no ports testing tool specifically for a jabber/xmpp server. Usually it’s enough to test with a client. What client do you use and what error do you get? Also how are you trying to login, what you put in a Server part in your login? If it is server’s name, then is it resolvable by the remote computer?

Hello,

i connect with psi client, add the error, i tryc connect by IP

You should get other error when server is not accessible, like this:

psi_server_error.jpg

Your error means that you connect to the server, but it cant authorize you. Whether you specify wrong login credentials or maybe there is no such user at all.

hello

that’s wierd, i try connect with admin user… this user are created by default, so i can’t understand…

So. How do you put it in the login field? admin@ip_address ?

hello

yeah, but i solve this issue, i change IP_Adress to hostname of server and volia!! works!! jaja

thx Dude for your time.

Hello ALL!!!

Please help!!!

gives an error "There was an error communicating with server. Details: Disconnected "

log warn:

No ACK was received when sending stanza to: org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection@7a6757 MINA Session: (SOCKET, R: /192.168.11.12:2272, L: /192.168.11.10:5222, S: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:5222)

Server Properties
Server Uptime:
52 minutes – started Nov 10, 2010 5:26:49 PM
Version:
Openfire 3.6.4
Server Directory:
/opt/openfire
Server Name:
jabber.site.kz
Environment
Java Version:
1.6.0_18 Sun Microsystems Inc. – OpenJDK Server VM