Testing openfire nightly

Downloaded the latest nightly (openfire_2014-10-08.tar.gz) to test issues we’re having with server-to-server comms under 3.9.3.

Have been unable to successfully run the nightly except as an entirely fresh install. Hope someone can give me some guidance on how to proceed.

Followed doc included with nightly on how to upgrade existing 3.9.3 dev install.

On executing openfire.sh get errors to stdout and server halts.

Our dev environment:

O/S: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.5 (kernel-2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64)

Java: java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel-1.7.0.65-2.5.1.2.el6_5.x86_64

Database: mysql-server-5.1.73-3.el6_5.x86_64

Authentication: LDAP against an opendj-2.6.0 server

OPENFIRE_HOME: /b001/app/openfire/im-server

JAVA_HOME: /usr/lib/jvm/java

I can get this to work on the above platform if I start from scratch. That is, if I unzip it, put JAVA_HOME and OPENFIRE_HOME at the top of the openfire.sh script, and go through a normal first-time install including overwriting the database. Of course that requires I re-enter all my custom configurations and my clients have to be reset to accept the new self-signed certs generated on setup. I also lose the roster and other info from clients stored in the database. I did try running through setup with a backup of my db, but got inconsistent results and still had to manually restore many settings.

Here are the the error messages:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.isClientSSLListenerEnabled( ConnectionManagerImpl.java:632)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.createClientSSLListeners(Co nnectionManagerImpl.java:438)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.createListeners(ConnectionM anagerImpl.java:131)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.ConnectionManagerImpl.start(ConnectionManagerImpl .java:919)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.startModules(XMPPServer.java:624)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:487)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:197)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:113)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: class “org.bouncycastle.asn1.ASN1Primitive”'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java:952)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.java:666)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:794)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SSLConfig.(SSLConfig.java:159)

… 14 more

It is likely you have an old bouncycastle file in your lib/ folder. Make sure you clear out that folder prior to extracting the latest nightly…

If you are on Centos, you might as well use the RPM builds. Openfire - Nightly RPM Build (trunk): Plan summary - Atlassian Bamboo

daryl

Thank you, sir. Deleting the old stuff in lib/ before extracting the alpha tarball did the trick.