"The import file does not match the user schema."

Hello. I’m attempting to migrate our 139 OpenFire users from one Windows server to another. Both servers are running Openfire 4.0.1 and using 2.5.0. of the User Import Export plug-in. When I try to import the XML file on the new server, I get the message as stated above.

This is a sample from the new server:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-

-

admin

somepasswordhere

admin@example.com

Administrator

This is a sample from the old working server:

auser

somepasswordhere

auser@email.com

User Name

The one thing I notice on the new server XML is that Roster looks like it is wrong but that’s how it is exported. Unless I am missing something else, I don’t know what it is causing the error. Maybe a plug-in bug? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

i have problem to import export user

“The import file does not match the user schema.”

help me

May be due Not using dns server

solution

ip host ====Conversion===> domain.com

I’m not sure if your asking for help yourself or replying to me with a suggestion. Either way, it seems it doesn’t apply to my particular situation. Thanks anyway.

If you find solutions

In this post put

me to

Bump. Please someone help. The migration is on hold pending the answer to this question.

I’m not quite sure what the problem is that relates to the user import/export plugin. Your error log should contain at least one, but possibly more error messages related to the failure. Those might be helpful.

Perhaps you’ll have better luck using traditional database migration tools, directly on your database. When you’re not using a different database system for your new Openfire, I expect that simply restoring a database backup would do the trick.

1 Like

To install openfire and use plugins tutorial videos.

A suggestion

Good Morning!

After losing a lot of time, and researching some post I made a step-by-step:

1 - downloads the plugin “userImportExport.jar”;

2 - open it with winrar (or any program that decompress the .jar);

3 - Edit the file “wildfire-user-schema.xsd.xml” which is in the class folder;

4 - change the line <xs: schema xmlns: xs = “http://www.w3c.org/2001/XMLSchema” elementFormDefault = “qualified”>, remove the letter “c” address “www.w3c.org” ;

5 - save the “wildfire-user-schema.xsd.xml” and add the “userImportExport.jar” replacing the original;

6 - upload the plugin;

So perfect wheel !!!

Guus Hello!

It would be good to update the plugin?