The lanch page

hi,

I 've installed openfire in my deparment,when the server started,there are some messy code on the lanch page,I think it’s bacause I’ve chosed Chinese(simplified),now I want to hide the lanch page,what should I do?I’ve read the source code in ServerStarter and XMPPServer.java ,but failed to find it out.

Thanks for giving advices!

Echo

What OS is it running on? If it is windows, read the install documents in the openfire program folder for instructions on running it as a service.

I’ve read the install document,but I want to hide the lanch page,because on Window most people used to click the program to run it,maybe others will bother asking about it.I want to hide it from modify the code.thanks a lot!!

If you’re running Openfire on Windows, you will likely want to

run Openfire as a standard Windows service after initial setup.

If you used the Windows installer, a openfire-service.exe file

will be in the bin directory of the installation. You can use

this executable to install and control the Openfire service.

From a console window, you can run the following commands:

• openfire-service /install – installs the service.

• openfire-service /uninstall – uninstalls the service.

• openfire-service /start – starts the service

• openfire-service /stop – stops the service.

After the Openfire service is installed delete the icons in

the start menu and desktop. Also openfire only needs to be on a server

which I would assume only limited people have access to.

thank you,I’ve already tried that,include delete the icon and so on.but my leader knew the situation,so he asked me to solve the problem,I’ve build the source(both 3.3.3 and 3.5.2) in Eclipse 3.2.1,and in the console the display is all right,and I’m wondering how to control the lanch page.thank you very much!!

and I also want Openfire to start just after the Windows start automatically,if I use the openfire-service.exe,how could I do that?thank you!!

If you install the openfire service with the instructions I have provided it runs automatically at boot with no users logged in. It runs as a windows service. The is no launch window, no visible sign that it is running at all other than you can access the admin page for openfire. That is whole point of the service. It allows openfire to start unattended with the boot of the system.

ok,thank you.I’ve tried it.

other departments also want to use it,I should tell them how to install and use it,so I want to hand them a exe file with no such problems.I 've found in org.jive.software.openfire.launcher and adminconsoleplugin.java to modify the infomation to be displayed in the launch page.thank you .but how could I make a new exe file?

giraffe wrote:

hi,

I 've installed openfire in my deparment,when the server started,there are some messy code on the lanch page,I think it’s bacause I’ve chosed Chinese(simplified),now I want to hide the lanch page,what should I do?I’ve read the source code in ServerStarter and XMPPServer.java ,but failed to find it out.

Thanks for giving advices!

Echo