The loadStats.jar plugin is broken in Openfire 3.4.5

Hi,

Have you noticed that the loadStats.jar plugin is broken in Openfire 3.4.5 ?

This is a valuable monitoring tool. I’m using it to tune my setup, but now that is is broken it is getting harder!

Instead of getting information for “DB min, DB max, DB current, DB used”, I’m getting “Default Connection Provider”.

Here is a snippet from my stats file:

Tue Apr 15 17:23:30 CDT 2008

Timestamp, DB min, DB max, DB current, DB used, Core Threads, Active Threads, Queue Tasks, Completed Tasks, Sessions, NIO Read, NIO Written, Queued NIO events, Queues NIO writes

1208298150459,Default Connection Provider,33,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

The broken code is in the StatCollector class.The following doesn’t work anymore:

// Add info about the db connection pool

sb.append(DbConnectionManager.getConnectionProvider().toString());

–Yavor

Hey Yavor,

Once again, that was an issue in 3.4.5 that was fixed in the 3.5.* family. You may want to update to 3.5.1. The method in 3.5 looks like this:

public String toString() {
        try {
            ConnectionPoolDefinitionIF poolDef = ProxoolFacade.getConnectionPoolDefinition("openfire");
            SnapshotIF poolStats = ProxoolFacade.getSnapshot("openfire", true);
            return poolDef.getMinimumConnectionCount()+","+poolDef.getMaximumConnectionCount()+","
                    +poolStats.getAvailableConnectionCount()+","+poolStats.getActiveConnectionCount();
        }
        catch (ProxoolException e) {
            return "Default Connection Provider";
        }
    }

Regards,

– Gato

Can I upgrade only the plugin?

Hopefully the plugin is backwards compatible.

Eventually I’ll upgrade to the 3.5.x, but I’m not ready yet.

–Yavor

Can I upgrade only the plugin?

Unfortunately, the answer is no. That code belongs to the server itself. The plugin is just using that code from the server core. So you will need to update to 3.5.*.

Regards,

– Gato