The root password in openfire.xml is in plain text, some body know how to encrypt it?

I INSTALLED OPENFIRE IN A WINDOWS SERVER AND I AM USING PHPMYADMIN DATABASE, THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN MYSQL SERVER I HAVE NOT ONLY OPENFIRE DATABASE, AND IN THE C:\Archivos de programa\Openfire\conf\Openfire.xml IT´S THE ROOT PASSWORD IN PLAIN TEXT, I REALLY NEED TO ENCRYP IT. I ALSO TRIED OTHER OPTION TOO, I CREATED ONE USER IN MYSQL WITH ALL THE PERMISION FOR OPENFIRE DATABASE, AND I PUT IT IN USER 123123! BUT I HAD THE FOLLOW ERROR:

java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user ‘user’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user ‘user’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)

PLEASE HELP MY EMAIL IS: kathleen.barrientos@gmail.com

Openfire must store the password in plain text somewhere. Or encrypt it using obscurity instead of security.

Make sure that only the Openfire user can read the config file and everything is save.

Please use a dedicated database user for Openfire like you did try. http://www.keithjbrown.co.uk/vworks/mysql/mysql_p6.php contains documentation, maybe you need the % operator instead of localhost.

THANK YOU FOR ANSWER PLEASE HOW I CAN:

that only the Openfire user can read the config file?

Right-click on the conf folder and/or the openfire.xml file and set the proper permissions.

1 Like