Thread''s location link in thread, etc

Another frustrating problem of this forum. There is no url link of thread in thread itself. So if i’‘m looking at a thread and want to put a link to this thread in some other topic or email or else what should i do? Copy reply buttons link and edit it to be just a thread’‘s link, or go to threads list and try to find that thread and then copy the link? In some other forums threads title in the top of the thread is working like a link to this thread. It’'s convinient, one can even use it instead of the refresh button.

The same thing is about posts links. Every post has its title (Re:…), so this title could be the URL linking to the particular post. So i shouldnt be looking at Reply button url and trying to combine the anchor url i need. Some threads has 100 of posts, so it really could be helpful to has simple way to point users to the particular post of the thread.

This reminds me, that i was ones speaking with Matt i think. About watches email notifies. These notifies could be linking not just to a thread itself, but to a particular post they are notifying about.

about addressbar, yes, it contains thread’'s address, until you do a reply, then it changes to replies address http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=143227&#143227 , but what if i just need to get a link to a thread (starting from the first post, not from my reply)

Hi wroot,

Thanks for the suggestions. I’'ve sent this thread on to the Jive Forums team.

Thanks,

Greg

Wonder if some of my suggestions are going to be incorporated?

1. Threads title as a thread’'s URL (taking to a first post in thread)

2. Every post title as a link to that post (taking to a particular post in thread) Such link is generated in addressbar after a replying. Now every post contains only a link to a post it was replied to. So you can have alink to every post in a thread. Except of the last one. Hm… this is not working as anchor anyway, the page is loaded again every time you press such anchor.

2.1 A link to a post in email notify. But i see it’‘s already there, and maybe was there all the time. It’'s just on the bottom of email notify. Wonder if that could be swapped with a link to a watched thread.

There is a little green button in the top left corner of the thread on the title bar, is that what you are referring to?

Yes. Thanks. But i never would think this little green pill is a link to a thread…