Three problems about openfire

1 After openfire upgrade to 3.4.2, when client send message, especially long message, the client always automatically disconnects from server, and soon automatically reconnect to server. Is anyone encounter this problem? And why it happens?

2 We Set up an openfire server.And the client access it from LAN or WAN. When client access the server from LAN, it is stable, but when client access the server fromWAN, the client always automatically disconnects from server, and soon reconnected to server, this phenomena repeatedly.Is this relate to the openfire server’s configuration or other reseasons?

3 In the forum, some has put forward that in recently released openfire version, there are some unrecognizable characters in receiving message, I also encounter this problem, Is this resolved?My database is sql server 2005.

why there is nobody answer my questions? Is anybody encounter the problems I mentioned above?

Is anybody encounter the problems I mentioned above?

I would say this means no

Maybe there is some useful information in the logfiles? Which client are you using?

3 one will be fixed in 3.5.0 version. You can already try 3.5.0 RC1 version if you wish.

As about other problems, it looks like you have some connection problems. I mean your network setup.

The client is developed myself. It based on open source code agsXMPP library. The first problem i mentioned only happen after openfire upgrade to version 3.4.2 and above.

When I encounter the first problem, I get the following information in warn.log.

2008.03.18 12:00:23 Closing session due to exception: (SOCKET, R: /127.0.0.1:1166, L: /127.0.0.1:5222, S: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:5222)

org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolDecoderException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException (Hexdump: empty) at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:165) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648) at org.apache.mina.filter.CompressionFilter.messageReceived(CompressionFilter.java :161) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53) at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648) at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239) at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

I have use 3.5.0 RC1, but the third problem i mentioned still exists.