Transitioning from Wildfire 3.2.3 to Openfire 3.3.0

Greetings,

I’'m running Wildfire 3.2.3 with the embedded DB on linux, installed via RPM, and would like to switch to Openfire 3.3.0. Is there anything different about the config files, etc. or can I just copy stuff across from /opt/wildfire to /opt/openfire as if I were upgrading wildfire via RPM?

–[Lance]

i for myself had no luck with updateng… so i exported all users with the plugin and setup a complete new openfire 3.3.0 installation - not optimal, but suitable for me because all changes i had to make from the default config took less than 20min.

Ahh. Didn’‘t think to export/import the users. That’‘s a good solution. I’'d like to be able to carry over the IM-Gateway information as well. Have you done any work with that?

therefor i’‘ve no solution… it wasnt realy nessecary because i’'m the only user registered to only one transport

bzw. when you try to import the users the script will complain about missmatching the schema definitions … there’'s a simple solution for it - just replace the Wildfire tags on top and at the bottom of the file.

Hey guys,

Not sure if you saw the upgrade guide when you did the upgrade to Openfire 3.3.0. I need to check something in the RPM before post the news about the new release.

Regards,

– Gato

Well, aren’'t I just a blind goober. Thanks for the link.

–[Lance]

dombiak_gaston wrote:

Hey guys,

Not sure if you saw the upgrade guide when you did the upgrade to Openfire 3.3.0. I need to check something in the RPM before post the news about the new release.

Regards,

– Gato

i saw it … but i definitly wantet a complete new installation - for my server with phenomenal 10 - 20 users