Tried to increase Java Memory now Openfire won't start. Please Help!

Today I rolled out OpenFire to about 50 of our users and everyone loves it! I noticed that there was only 128MB of java memory so I decided I would increase it. I’m running Ubuntu 10.04 and Openfire 4.6 if I remember correctly. I went to /etc/default and edited openfire to read

DAEMON_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m". After a reboot OpenFire no longer works. I changed the file back to it’s original form and it still will not start. The last message in /var/log/openfire/error.log reads

2010.12.28 20:25:33 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:457)]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: User not found: SA
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:710)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:427)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:161)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:51)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: User not found: SA
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:124)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:698)
… 10 more

Anyone have any ideas? I’d really like to get this back online by morning for my users.

I have a similar problem in my 3.7.0 install. Everything was working perfectly, so I started rolling it out to various departments. Had to reboot the server over the weekend, now I get the same message. I DIDN’T CHANGE A THING! I am using the built-in database, and not MySQL or something.

Did you ever figure this out? Now that I have users demanding it, I’m kind of in a pickle here!