Trillian Pro -> Any success?

Has anyone been able to connect Trillian Pro to their Wildfire servers? My setup:

Mac Mini G4

Wildfire (latest)

IM gateways (latest)

MySQL 5.x.x (latest for OSX)

Linksys forwarding 5222-5269 to the Mac Mini

With this setup, I can get Pandion and PSi to connect just fine but Trillian Pro will continue to fail. Looking in the debug it appears that there is a problem with the SSL – toggling SSL on/off for Trillian Pro does not allow a connection.

I’‘d really want to use Trillian, it’'s definitely my favorite client (Pandion would be #2, but it crashes frequently) for Windows.

Bump for great justice!

One of my users is actually running into the same problem. Trillian and only Trillian is having problems connecting. It gets connected, authenticated, starts to get it’‘s roster, and then the connection is severed. It’‘s not clear who’‘s doing the severing. An interesting data point is that this did not happen until I upgraded from Wildfire 2.6.2 to 3.1.1. Seems like that it’‘s a bug with Trillian, but none-the-less it’'s odd that it never occured before I upgraded Wildfire.

Another data point is that sometimes she gets connected just fine. It’'s semi-random

My suggestion is to use PSI. It is much better…

At least until the gateway plugin is stable and works properly, use Trillian…

In my office the gateway plugins because such an issue we opted to run Trillian and PSI until the gateway plugin is mature for everyday office use.

Trillian is not a good product in my mind due to it’'s inability to work properly and in a standards compliant way with XMPP

yohnson wrote:

My suggestion is to use PSI. It is much better…

However, PSI’‘s interface is awful, and it’'s not compliant to XMPP in any way (there has been some discussion about that on the jig-list recently).

gaim or Spark might be a better pick for Windows or Linux, Adium for Mac OS X.

Trillian is not a good product in my mind due to it’'s inability to work properly and in a standards compliant way with XMPP

Plus, it doesn’'t support XMPP at all in the free version.

Also, if it were my choice, I wouldn’‘t be using Trillian anyway. ;D But it’‘s not me that’'s having the problem and some folk are quite stubborn with their client choices. (I am too, just so happens I use one that works just fine)