Trouble creating instant room with 2.4.4

I’‘m using Wildfile 2.4.4 on Windows XP. I’'m successfully logging in using SASL Anonymous and I can send a message to another client of the server that s using Spark.

The problem I’‘m having is creating an instant room. I’‘m very new to XMPP so my guess is that I’‘m missing something but I’‘m not sure what. The room creation stanza is sent correctly and I have examined the server logs and it’‘s receiving it but I’'m not receiving anything back either success or failure.

If I use disco to obtain information on the room, I get an error backs stating that the ‘‘item-not-found’’ and then the server drops the stream. The same happens if I try sending a presence message to the room. Below is a dump of the communication between the client and the server. Can anyone give me any clues as to what I may be doing wrong? For the application I have in mind the login needs to be Anonymous. Is this the reason for the problem? I’'m using my open API to handle the communication.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it:

Sending Data:

I found my problem. I needed to send a presence message to the room first. Kind of strange as it does not exist (yeah I know it creates it). Anyway, if at first you don’'t succeed, re-read the spec!

Message was edited by: Clive Jackson