Trouble using Windows native authentication

I have Wildfire 2.4.2 running on Windows 2003 Server and the authentication setup to use the Windows Domain. It works great when I launch Wildfire from the shortcut. However, when I set it as a service and start it I can no longer authenticate with my client. Below are a couple of message from the logs when Wildfire is running as a server.

This is from warn.log:

2006.01.16 09:40:20 Stream error detected. Session: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ClientSession@3aef16 status: 1 address: mhcoixa2/17357c08 id: 17357c08 presence:

java.util.NoSuchElementException

at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doPlainAuthentication(SASLAuth entication.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:144)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :309)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:270)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

And this is from error.log:

2006.01.16 09:40:26 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.NativeAuthProvider$1.error(NativeAuthProvider.j ava:98)

] InitializeSecurityContext failed with 8009030D

Thank you

Hi,

just one question, which may help. As which user is Wildfire running when you start it as service? If it is SERVICE you may try to change this.

I know about the Java Service Wrapper and Tomcat, are there other free available tools to run it as a service?

LG

The problem here is that services by default tens to run as administrator on the box. The problem with that is that administrator has no rights to the domain.

Stop the service. Go into the config screen for the wildfire service, click the “Log On” tab, and choose a domain account to run the service as. Start the service

you should now be all set.

jerm

That solved my problem and it makes sense why it wasn’'t working. Thank you