Trouble with MySQL

hello, i’‘m a newbie at SQL and having a little trouble. i’'m trying to setup a Jive server at my school and was able to set everything up and get it working using the embedded database. at first i was only going to have a few users but i want to start using SQL instead.

i am having some trouble importing the schema file to setup the MySQL database. ive tried using both the sql command line utility and through windows but each time i go in to check the database it dosent show any tables. i checked with a few other on-line resources and none of it seemed to help.

i’'m running Win2K srv, with MySQL 4.1

thanks in advance for all the help

What exactly did you do, and what reply did you get?

Did you create a database before you imported the schema (contents of the file)?

You can find some instructions at url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/messenger/docs/latest/documentation/datab ase.html#mysqlthis page[/url].

What exactly did you do, and what reply did you get?

Did you create a database before you imported the schema (contents of the file)?

You can find some instructions at this page.

That page is currently dead.

It’'s best to use the MySQL GUI if you are using MySQL.

Download MySQL Administrator which is a freebie off their main page and use it

To connect, use localhost, root, , and your port (default 3306).

See left side “Catalogs” and from bottom pane right click to create a db (schema), aka “jmdb” for example.

Now from windows command prompt, navigate to your bin directory. I put the messenger_mysql.sql file at root level temporarily and did this

mysql -u root -p jmdb < D:messenger_mysql.sql

If it works you should have the tables loaded… whoot?

Have fun.