Here’s what happens.
- Using Pidgin I try to register a new account
- I get a 400 Bad Request error in Pidgin
- The warning log show that Pidgin sent from linuxinjas.tv and too talk.linuxninjas.tv
- OpenFire doesn’t know what to do with talk.linuxninjas.tv
- OpenFire is configured with the domain of “linuxninjas.tv”
- Connected to another OpenFire server with Pidgin
- I was able to register an account
- The domain in OpenFire was the same one I used in Pidgin
DNS SRV RECORDS
- linuxninjas.tv points to talk.linuxninjas.tv
- Everything is on the same IP / Server
- I’m planing for future groth / move
- Is the problem with Pidgin or OpenFire?
- Why does Pidgin work if the domian is the same as the one in OpenFire?
- Does OpenFire check DNS for domain / hostname lookup?
Other Jabber clients can register new accounts with my OpenFire server.