Troubles with SSL cert

I have installed 3.1.1 using Nikolay’‘s new port, sweet, works well. I am brand new to Wildfire and having issues installing a cert for SSL. I am using the SSL guide. I tried first to install my own server cert signed by my own OpenSSL CA, but since that didn’‘t work, I am now on the SSL guide and trying to just use a self-signed cert under step 2. From what I think I understand from the guide is that I only need step 2 and the CA signing and client certs are optional. With that being said, I am sticking to just getting that going. I made the big mistake of deleting the default certs in the GUI prior to reading this guide, don’‘t know if that is effecting anything. All I’'m doing at this point is:

esmtp# keytool -genkey -keystore keystore -alias im.webtent.net

Enter keystore password:

What is your first and last name?

: im.webtent.net

What is the name of your organizational unit?

: WWW

What is the name of your organization?

: WebTent Networking Inc

What is the name of your City or Locality?

: Tampa

What is the name of your State or Province?

: Florida

What is the two-letter country code for this unit?

: US

Is CN=im.webtent.net, OU=WWW, O=WebTent Networking Inc, L=Tampa, ST=Florida, C=US correct?

: yes

Enter key password for <im.webtent.net>

(RETURN if same as keystore password):

I restart the server and get this in the logs:

2006.11.16 15:44:32 Multi User Chat domain: conference.im.webtent.net

2006.11.16 15:44:32 Publish-Subscribe domain: pubsub.im.webtent.net

2006.11.16 15:44:33 Started server (unencrypted) socket on port: 5269

2006.11.16 15:44:33 Started plain (unencrypted) socket on port: 5222

2006.11.16 15:44:37 Started SSL (encrypted) socket on port: 5223

2006.11.16 15:44:38 Shutting down SSL port - suspected configuration problem

2006.11.16 15:44:38 Wildfire 3.1.1

2006.11.16 15:44:48 Admin console listening at:

http://im.webtent.net:9090

https://im.webtent.net:9091

Can someone point out what I’'m obviosly doing wrong? Also, after creating the self signed cert, it does not show up in the GUI under Security.

Thanks,

Robert

I don’'t know if this will help, but try running the following commands to create your Self signed cert…

1. keytool -genkey --keyalg dsa -keystore keystore -alias talk-dsa -dname “CN=”

2. Follow Step # 7 from the SSL Guide, and restart.

When I was doing my ssl setup, I had huge problems since I had to use a wildcard cert. I posted my workaround in the thread Wildcard SSL Certs. Maybe this could work for you since it will import not only the cert, but the necessary keys too.