Two (maybe three) Enhancement Ideas

Hi All,

I didn’'t want to add these as JIRA items before first running the ideas by everyone so here it goes:

1. Sorting by column type (like Jive Forums) on the User Summary page.

2. The ability to suspend/temporarily disable a user account.

3. Email support. I’‘m developing a plugin that will require the ability to send emails,and I can imagine where it could be used in other places, so it would be nice if this feature was part of the core Messenger API. I know this kind of violates the "Ya Ain’‘t Gonna Need It" principal and I suppose I could just develop a plugin that handles email but I thought I’'d just throw is out there to see if it sticks.

I’'d certainly be happy to work on any or all of these. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,

Those all sound good. For #2 – that will be a little bit tricky to figure out how to put in since we have UserProvider/AuthProvider. I guess it could be a service of the managers.

#3 – I actually like the idea of having a mail service as part of messenger. A lot of stuff could potentially need it and it’'s a good feature to have available for plugin authors.

First step would be to create JIRA issues and then to discuss API changes through those issues?

Thanks,

-Matt

First step would be to create JIRA issues and then to

discuss API changes through those issues?

I’'ve created the following three JIRA items:

JM-240 User Summary Sorting

JM-241 Disable a user account

JM-242 Email Support

Thanks,

Ryan

This is related so I’'ll request this featur enhancement here:

Would it be possible to add a column for client version? I know that the server knows the version, but it doesn’'t display anywhere on the status screen. This would be most helpful in determining what versions of spark users are running or what 3rd party software they are using to connect. Right now the only way to check this is to do a version request on the client, which means I need all my users in my contact groups.

Hey Ryan,

this three items is good to some user.sometime may wildfire take some user login status to user log table,it seems forum user current login time etc. let us know some register often access to wildfire and other register isn’'t use it after he only few time in here.

Tom

This would be most helpful in determining what

versions of spark users are running or what 3rd

party software they are using to connect.

Spark Manager will let you specify exactly what Spark version each person uses. It would be possible for Wildfire to send the IQ to each user to find client version, but it would be better if it only did that when specifically requested – otherwise that could generate a bunch of extra traffic.

-Matt

This would be most helpful in determining what

versions of spark users are running or what 3rd

party software they are using to connect.

Spark Manager will let you specify exactly what Spark

version each person uses. It would be possible for

Wildfire to send the IQ to each user to find client

version, but it would be better if it only did that

when specifically requested – otherwise that could

generate a bunch of extra traffic.

-Matt

Right… but it’‘s still the user’‘s choice whether to upgrade or not. At the very least, it would be nice to have it show up when you click on the detail for the session. This way there wouldn’'t be a lot of unneeded traffic when the status page refreshes.