Unable to connect to openfire 3.6.0a via Flash Xiff API 2 Beta 4

Hi,

today i removed the previous Openfire Version 3.5.2 from our Testsystem and installed 3.6.0a. To make it more clear: I made no upgrade but a new install.

Since then i am unable to connect to the server via flash. The only information i have is the following exception out of the warn.log file.

Any ideas what that could be, or how to fix this?

2008.09.08 17:38:32 Closing session due to exception: (SOCKET, R: /192.168.21.27:55856, L: /192.168.21.25:80, S: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:80)
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolDecoderException: java.lang.Exception: Disallowed character (Hexdump: 3C 70 6F 6C 69 63 79 2D 66 69 6C 65 2D 72 65 71 75 65 73 74 2F 3E 00)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:170)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Disallowed character
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.XMLLightweightParser.read(XMLLightweightParser.ja va:210)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.XMPPDecoder.doDecode(XMPPDecoder.java:32)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.CumulativeProtocolDecoder.decode(CumulativeProtoco lDecoder.java:133)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:163)

… 9 more

It seems that the server trips over when flash requests the crossdomain.xml on the client to client port.

bump to first page

Ota,

unfortunately sometimes it feels like yelling into the wind,

I encountered the same issue using sparkweb.

I think it is that adobe expects the request for crossdomain.xml to be null terminated and openfire interprets the request to be invalid XML

I was able to do a workaround because my client is being served via the same server as openfire. I then needed to hack sparkweb to ignore security.loadPolicyFile

I think openfire considers the xml sent for a policy request invalid because it contains a null character after the ending of the policy-file-request tag, but xml can contain that character, just not inside any tag.

Well lets see, tomorrow in the community chat ill point at this thread, maybe then someone will take care of this.

I dont think its because of the termination but it seems something mayor is FUBAR because when you decode the hex value you just see garbage.

3C:70:6F:6C:69:63:79:2D:66:69:6C:65:2D:72:65:71:75:65:73:74:2F:3E:00

(your hex dump with spaces converted to colons)

turns to

?

Duh you are right, i was using a buggy converter. :frowning:

Then you were also right on your first statement, openfire hickups when flash requests the policy file and the requests has a NUL value on the end.

Andddddddddd bump

bump