Unable to connect to server using various clients

Hello All,

I thought I had setup up my Jive Messenger server correctly but after several attempts at connecting to it using Exodus, PSi, and Pandion to no avail I am beginning to think otherwise.

I have setup Jive Messenger 2.2 onto a Windows 2000 Server machine. It has assigned a static IP, is registered with our DNS and Wins servers, can be pinged from workstations, can resolve names and ips of other servers in our mixed node W2k network, and can be telnetted to from workstations.

To troubleshoot I defined ports 5222, 5269, 9090, 9091 inbound\outbound on our ISA server; to no avail.

Below is text from our messenger server that indicates packet routing problems:

Any vets out there have advice for this jabber newbie? I’‘m hoping to use a Jive Messenger but if I’‘m unable to resolve within the next week may have to try another open source product. If I’‘m unsuccessful with other open source products may have to use the budget to invest into Microsoft’'s solution which I have no doubt will work within our domain.

help?!

Tony

Hi Tony,

An error code of 500 usually indicates there is a resource problem on either the server or client. Did you do all your testing from the same client? While Messenger 2.2 is very stable, it is still in beta, could you try using version 2.1.5 for time being?

Thanks,

Ryan

Jive Messenger Kicks A*ss!!!

I believe by me adding ports 5222, 5296, 9090, and 9091 as allowed tcp protocols through our ISA server did the trick!

Jive is running and Exodus clients are successfully connecting.

Thanks to all those at Jive for providing for a kick a*ss product!

I believe by me adding ports 5222, 5296, 9090, and

9091 as allowed tcp protocols through our ISA server

did the trick!

Ah, that would probably do it.

Glad to hear things are working for you.

~Ryan