Unable to do S2S with gmail.com and wildfire 2.5

I have my server up and running, using dyndns.org to resolve it. No problems there. I try to add my ‘‘username@gmail.com’’ contact to my roster and my debug log shows this:

2006.02.16 22:12:42 OS - Trying to connect to gmail.com:5269

2006.02.16 22:13:32 Error sending packet to remote server:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:139)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Anyone have any ideas?

If I switch to ‘‘username@talk.google.com’’ it can make a connection, though the communication ultimately fails (which I was expecting, as many other threads have described.)

Far as I know, I think Google Talk was requiring SRV records and the ability to do dialback handshakes, so you might look into those two aspects of your configuration to see if they help you establish your connection.

Also, if you’'re using a whitelist for your s2s connections, be sure to add gmail.com on 5269 so they can get back to you and interact.

I can give you encouragement by letting you know that I was able to get it running with not much fuss, but I do have necessary ports open inbound on my firewall, had the SRV records set up in advance, and had to add gmail.com to my whitelist after I remembered I’'d turned that feature on. =)

Additionally, since you’‘re using dyndns.org like I am, you’‘ll have to use their Custom DNS features in expert mode in order to be allowed to add SRV records (which also requires a registered domain instead of mydomain.dyndns.org). Using their Host Level Services or their Dynamic DNS aren’'t enough for SRV entry functionality.

Message was edited by: sLLiK