Unable to join Conference rooms

Hello,

We’ve noticed some odd behavior with our Openfire conferencing server. We currently have a handful of permanent chat rooms that we use on a daily basis. Often users have a hard time connecting to these rooms, usually experiencing the following behavior:

Try 1: They get a “No Response from Server” error upon trying to join the chat room or loading the room list.

Try 2: They are able to connect to the chat room, but they see no one else in the room. Other users are able to see them, but not the other way around.

Try 3: The user loads the room normally.

I have personally noticed this behavior in both Spark and Pidgin. I looked through the error logs on our Openfire server, but saw no errors correlating to this behavior. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

-Adam

It also appears our persistent chat rooms rooms may be the source of some of our users randomly dropping from our Openfire server, see http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/34721?tstart=0 for more information on that.

I’m wondering if we have some rogue setting or something not configured properly for our conference/chat rooms. Can anyone provide some insight here?