Unable to login to Spark

Hi,

I have a problem recently. The clients are unable to login to the Spark.

Usually I have to restart the services which means I have to disconnect all connecting users and reconnect again. Are there any settings that I might have left out? Cause from my Openfire I couldn’t find any settings that says limit users login.

When they login it says wrong username/password.

Please help me out here.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joe

Maybe there is some clue in the logs of Openfire? Maybe your server is runing out of memory. Be usre to disable PEP. From the forum announcement above:

Openfire up to and including version 3.6.4 (and looks like 3.7.0 too) suffers from a memory leak in its PEP component. If your Openfire server is crashing with OutOfMemoryExceptions, you might be having this problem.

As a workaround, you can disable PEP, by setting the Openfire property xmpp.pep.enabled to false.

More information can be found in this discussion: Openfire 3.6.4 memory leak with Empathy

I have already checked the settings mentioned and disabled PEP.

I also noticed that there is a certain time to login and not to login. It happens before 10am where you can login but somewhere after that then no one can login and says Invalid username/password.

I am not sure what should I do anymore. Anyone really can help me? Maybe I have missed out some other things that I need to do?

Thanks!

What about the logs?

Which logs do you mean? The one in C:\Program Files\Spark\logs ??

No, in the server logs. Admin Console > Logs

Sorry I don’t really know how to check the logs. I’ll just put them here and can you help me look at it?

**at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :249) **

**at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283) **
** at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) **
** at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) **
** at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51) **
** at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) **
** 2012.03.12 16:08:58 org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl - Error storing offline presence of user: chang.tk **
** com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry ‘chang.tk’ for key ‘PRIMARY’ **
** at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:931) **
** at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985) **
** at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1631) **
** at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1723) **
** at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3283) **
** at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1332) **
** at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.execute(PreparedStatement.java:882) **
** at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source) **
** at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) **
** at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) **
** at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.invoke(ProxyStatement.java:100) **
** at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxyStatement.intercept(ProxyStatement.java:57) **
** at $java.sql.Statement$$EnhancerByProxool$$c37fe556.execute() **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.userUnavailable(PresenceManag erImpl.java:290) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:168) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:135) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:199) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:149) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:85) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:84) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.SessionManager$ClientSessionListener.onConnectionClos e(SessionManager.java:1164) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.notifyCloseListeners(NIOConnection. java:223) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.NIOConnection.close(NIOConnection.java:206) **
** at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.sessionClosed(ConnectionHandler .java:103) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.sessionClosed(A bstractIoFilterChain.java:550) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:269) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(AbstractIoFilte rChain.java:53) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:633) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.sessionClosed(IoFilterAdapter.java:65) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextSessionClosed(Abst ractIoFilterChain.java:269) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$800(AbstractIoFilte rChain.java:53) **
** at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.sessionClosed( AbstractIoFilterChain.java:633) **
** at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.sessionClosed(ProtocolCodecFil ter.java:259) **
** at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :249) **
** at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283) **
** at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) **
** at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) **
** at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51) **
** at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) **

Well, i’m not an logs reading expert either This looks suspicious:

**com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry ‘chang.tk’ for key ‘PRIMARY’ **

Maybe some other process is trying to access the database at this time (antivirus, backups software, etc.) and locks the database. Don’t know what to suggest.**

Well I have disabled some of the security settings in my antivirus. I will try and monitor and look at it.