Unable to logon clients with Openfire 4.1

What “avatar refresh issue” is that, Lee?

Hi Guus, I apologize as I should have been more specific. I have LDAP setup in openfire to get the user’s active directory photo. In 2.8.x if the picture gets changed I have to manually refresh in Spark to see it. Where this is more of a problem is the contact details. When upgrading from 2.7.7 to 2.8.x spark will not get the contact details like their Title and Telephone extension (2.7.7 has no issue with this). I have to manually refresh the user in spark and then it will populate.

possibly related to this?

[SPARK-1812] Some vCard fields are empty when checking contact’s profile - IgniteRealtime JIRA

It seems similar to mine but I’m on 2.8.2 and still exhibit the same issue. Title and telephone extension will not display when hovering over the user in Spark. If I manually refresh the user’s properties it populates and seems to stick going forward. In 2.7.7 it automatically gets all the user’s property info without me having to manually refresh each one.

Hi,

Probably not of much help because you upgraded your chat client. I tried setting sasl.mechs to PLAIN only and managed to get the old client working.

Somehow setting sasl.mechs to ANONYMOUS,PLAIN,DIGEST-MD5 … doesn’t work.

Regards,