Unable to register AIM/MSN through PSI service discovery (using google as jabber server)

As the subject says, I am unable to register for AIM or MSN if I use gtalk as my jabber server and my server (prometheus) as the IM Gateway. Im wanting to connect using GTalk/GMail and have my AIM and MSN contacts show up in my GTalk/GMail friends list. Im currently using hot-chilli.net to do this but would prefer to move it to my own server for security reasons. Any help would be helpful…

Oh and I’m unable to register for the Jabber server on Prometheus using service discovery in PSI as well.I recieve a “Unable to retrieve registration form” error message. Prometheus Jabber is the only option with Register enabled…Both the AIM and MSN gateways have Register grayed out.

Here is XML output of trying to register to prometheus jabber using psi/gtalk:

<iq type=“get” to=“prometheus.rondutt.com” id=“ab5ba” >
<query xmlns=“jabber:iq:register”/>
</iq>
<iq from=“prometheus.rondutt.com” type=“error” to="jakhenson@gmail.com/Psi" id=“ab5ba” >
<query xmlns=“jabber:iq:register”/>
<error type=“wait” code=“500” >
<internal-server-error xmlns=“urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas”/>
</error>
</iq>

I don’t have any odea what prometheus Jabber is, but you can not register with the IM Gateway plugin from another Jabber server. You must have a local account on the server that is running the IM Gateway plugin and register from that.

Prometheus is just the name of the server that has openfire running on it. It is possible to register for AIM and MSN through another Jabber server. As I’ve said Im already doing this through a public jabber server, I just want to move it to my own server.

I too am trying to do this! I just got a blackberry curve and don’t want to pay for an IM client so am trying to go this route since a friend of mine used draugr.de foris IM gateway before he got an iphone.

So far i’ve only been able to achieve this functionality by logging/registering on to said OpenFire service directory first, then I’m able to register IM transports. I would also like to do this via google talk. I know that draugr.de runs the ejabberd jabber server so I may try that instead and see if I can get that to work.

See this thread: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/28686

Off Topic: You could use heysan: m.heysan.com in your phone’s browser.

Just my 2c