Unable to register with Transport

I’‘ve just installed the gateway plugin for the first time, and so far every transport I try to use comes back with an error stating “Unable to register with Transport”. I’‘m not quite sure what I’'m doing wrong. My understanding from the documentation is that I only need to click the gateway checkbox, and I should be able to register the transport through spark. Am I wrong? Does anyone know what I can do to get past this error?

This is what I see in the error logs:

2006.11.10 14:26:18 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.java :148) Error occured while processing packet:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.handleIQRegister(BaseTransport. java:592)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:394)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:129)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:439)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:218)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:51)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:216)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

-Xantius

Damn!!! Thank you for pointing that out! I will release a 1.0 Beta 5a this evening.

GATE-121

Releasing beta 5a in just a moment actually. =) Thanks for pointing this out!

Sweet! I can’'t believe I was actually useful!

=D See forum post I just made. (and thanks again!)

BTW, another alternative would be that you could register yourself via the admin console “Registrations” screen, but I’‘m glad you didn’'t go that route or it would have been longer before I caught this bug. =)