Unable to run initial setup through Admin Console via SSL

I have a requirement to run the initial OpenFire setup via SSL, with the http connection disabled. I understand that I would likely need to create an appropriate certificate in the appropriate store to make this possible. To test the scenario, I have completely configured an OpenFire server, to ensure that the appropriate certificates are already created, and then changed false in the OpenFire.xml file.

Below is my OpenFire.xml configuration file with passwords sanitized:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> -1 443 en true 5 org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://XMPP1-SQL.XMPP1.LOCAL:1433/Openfire_Collaborat ion_DB;appName=jive xxx xxx select 1 false false 5 25 1.0 false

And here are the contents of the “All” log:

2016.08.09 09:14:35 INFO [main]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer - Registering shutdown hook (standalone mode)

2016.08.09 09:14:35 INFO [main]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer - Openfire 4.0.2 [Aug 9, 2016 9:14:35 AM]

2016.08.09 09:14:36 ERROR [pool-1-thread-1]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin - An exception occurred while trying to make available the admin console via HTTPS.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.startup(AdminConsolePlug in.java:144)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminCo nsolePlugin.java:244)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :447)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :68)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1037)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2016.08.09 09:14:36 INFO [pool-1-thread-1]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin - Warning: admin console not started due to configuration settings.

2016.08.09 09:14:49 INFO [Thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer - Server halted

Any assistance or insights would be greatly appreciated.