Unable to save changes via admin console

I have the Wildfire 2.4.4 installed and setup for me. However I just recently tried to change the email settings from support@company.com to jcluff@company.com because I cannot get it to send out any emails. However after it tells me it has saved the changes correctly it still shows support@company.com as the server username.

I just recently had to restart the server because it seemd to lock up. I would not longer let me log in and the admin console would no longer respond as well. (this is before I started to experience the problems with email setup page.

jcluff

Have you refreshed the page to see if the change is updated?

You said that you cannot login to the admin console before email set up page. I am confused because IMHO you can only do the email set up after you log in into the admin console.

regards,

wmhtet

I log into the admin console. Select the email settings link under the server manager. In the right hand frame I change the optional Server Username field from support@company.com to jcluff@company.com. I then change the password field and click save changes. It still shows support@company.com. Hitting refresh shows no changes.

Hi,

I don’'t know about your database, but it seems that you have problems to store these values. If this is the case your error.log should indicate this. Maybe you have a full tablespace or filesystem, so read access is still possible.

LG

I cleared out my error.log and tried it again:

All my error log has is:

2006.02.10 05:44:05 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/208.245.212.98,port=49096,localport=5269]

2006.02.10 05:44:45 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/208.245.212.98,port=49234,localport=5269]

2006.02.10 05:49:20 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/64.233.166.129,port=13477,localport=5269]

2006.02.10 05:49:27 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:159) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/64.233.166.129,port=13506,localport=5269]

Hi,

port 5269 indicates a server2server connection. It seems that Widlfire 2.4.4 is not very client-friendly. If your client sends another server (or the IP) instead the configured one then it tries to open a server2server connection.

Anyhow this shouldn’'t be the case when you try to change the email address, or does these time stamps (05:44:05) match your unsuccessful update tries?

LG

Hi jcluff

The error log doesn’'t give out the hints for your email setting issue. Can you also post log for warn, info and debug (if enable)? To avoid the unnessary error log, can you also disable the Server to Server options? (That will need restarting the server though.)

Regards,

wmhtet

Nothing is in the logs that I can see. I cleared them out. Tried to make the changes and re-enabled them. No go. Anybody know what table it located under. I want to try and change it manually.