Base DN : ou=users,dc=sst,dc=stp

Administrator DN: cn=admin,dc=sst,dc=stp

Step 2 :User Mapping :

Username Field:uid

Step 3: Group Mapping

Group Field:cn

Member Field:uniqueMember

Description Field: description

For the next window when I am clicking on Save and Continue, I get following exception :

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /setup/setup-admin-settings.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp._jspServ ice(setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp.java:99)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1359)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:22 7)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:94 1)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:250)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:149)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConne ction.java:919)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:582)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.jav a:586)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java :44)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)

Also I did some changes and I was able to see the Add Administrator screen but I was not able to add any of my existing LDAP users here. It was throws following error :

“No username was provided or the specified username was not found.”

I restarted the server and since then NullPointerException started coming back again.- (well that deserves another discussion, once I get through this)

Where am I going wrong?

FYI, both the servers, openfire and OpenLdap, are running on same virtual machines.

Thanks in adv.

I could proceed to the next screen by changing advanced settings in user mapping section. My changes are : Posix Mode: No Group Filter : (objectClass=Group)

Surprisingly, once I reached to the Add Administrator screen, after coming back I reset these fields and it was still working fine. I wonder if after restarting the server it will work or not.

Also in the Step 1, make sure in the hostname you provide the ip address of your machine. With localhost it dint work for me.

Thanks, Hope it helps anyways!

For the other query I had, I could add administrators by modifying my Base DN to “Base DN : dc=sst,dc=stp”

With specifying ou, it seems I was restricting the users.