Unable to share group with following groups

We are running OpenFire 3.8.1 with hybridAuthProvider. The primaryProvider is ldap and the secondaryProvider is Default. We have several groups created and currently are marked as Share group with All users. We want to make a change and only share the groups with selected groups. When I click on the option for “The following groups:” and then click “Save Contact List Settings” the checkbox on “Share group with additional users” becomes unchecked and the group is no longer shared. Is this a bug in OpenFire and if so how do I get around it.

Bryan

It has been over a month with no response. Does anyone have any clue why I can not share a group with other groups when it does have this feature. Is there any work around?

Bryan

What do you have set for provider.group.className?

I have a test cluster setup with hybrid setup with ldap and default, I am using org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.DefaultGroupProvider for groups so I manage groups in the admin console.

I was able to test sharing to just certain group successfully on 3.8.1 linux

provider.group.className

org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.DefaultGroupProvider

I just copied the above right out of the admin console. I am running on Windows 2008 R2.

Sorry, I don’t have any experience with openfire on Windows. Hopefully someone else can assist.

I would suggest enabling debug and seeing if anything useful gets logged.