Unable to start Meeting with ofmeet

I ran into this problem as well. But I am running Openfire 4.1.5. Installed ofmeet 0.9.2, focus 0.9.2. After installing the plugins I tried going to https://my_domain:7443/ofmeet and got the weboage but when I put in a name for the room I got the Oops error. Tried for days to get it to work but nothing. I ended up removing focus and ofmeet and loading the previous version. This time it was working. I could see my video working. Then I upgrade both the focus and ofmeet and it still was working. I am running this on Windows Server. Only problem I have left is seeing video between clients. Can chat but no video.

@KevCar1 I haven’t tried it with the previous version. I’ll give it a shot and will let you know the results.

Tried previous version and it too would not work. Install 4.1.6 and still no go.

I have that issue with

• Windows 10
  • jdk1.8.0_144
  • Openfire 4.1.5 / 4.1.6
  • Openfire Meetings 0.9.2
  • Openfire WebSocket 1.2.1 installed

Without Openfire WebSocket works flawlessly

Well how about that. But I have a new problem. On a couple of computers I get the message that the webpage wants to use the video and mic. When I select allow, the message just stays there. A refresh brings up the login and then it flashed back to the allow video mic again. Even though its been allowed. Frustrating.

It can be an issue introduced by Chrome changes i guess (compare versions maybe). As Chrome is updating so often it would involve a lot of work to keep Ofmeet always compatible and this community doesn’t have full time developers to support it like that. All of the volunteers here have their main jobs which eat all the time.

I’ve had this problem, too, recently. (4.1.5, 0.9.2) But it was using Firefox.

I have asked in the chat and one of the developers mentioned that he also doesn’t use websocket as sma tells and Ofmeet works fine. Maybe this plugin is the culprit. I think websocket plugin is included in the 4.2.0 as a core part and Openfire on igniterealtime.org is using 4.2 latest code, so maybe this also helps Ofmeet work.

Does anyone have Openfire Meetings 0.4.7 jar file?

I have had no luck after Openfire 4.1.3 with the current plugins and am reverting back to when I knew that it worked.

Not sure… But why do you want to go back to such an old release?

I figured it out. Got Openfire 4.1.6 and Meetings to work just fine now. Thanks for your reply.

what combination versions did you use?

I would also like to know what combination works. Currently using the below

Openfire 4.2.1
Java 1.8.0
Offmeet .9.2
off focus .9.2

for those that are having issues…is your focus user showing signed in? are you using ldap? is there any interesting info in the openfire logs?

I do NOT see the focus user, just a bunch of anonymous users. Also, we ARE using LDAP. Downgraded to 4.1.6 since thats what was suggested earlier in the thread. Same issue. Getting ready to downgrade offmeet to .9.0

Just in case ANYONE else found this thread and was wondering what combination works. Please read below.

Windows Server 2016
Openfire 4.1.6
Openfire Focus 0.9.2
Openfire Meetings 0.9.2
Java 1.8.0_161

If your using LDAP, you MUST create a focus user (IE: focus@yourdomain.com) and give it a password.

Also, if you’re using chrome to start video chat you have to use the HTTPS link using port 7443 or it will fail.